Welcome to ET Prime, its mobile site (the “Site”) owned, managed and operated by Times Internet Limited (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”, “we” or “our”, which expression shall unless the same be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof be deemed to mean and include its affiliates, successors in business and assigns).
“User”, “you” or “your”: means any person, who is accessing, using the Site, in any manner whatsoever, and is of 18 years of age or older, capable to enter into a legally binding agreement under the laws of India.
By accessing the Site or Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. You hereby represent and warrant to the Company that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or above and are capable of entering, performing and adhering to these Terms and that you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. While individuals under the age of 18 may access and use the site, they shall do so only with the involvement & guidance of their parents and / or legal guardians. You agree to register prior to uploading any content and / or comment and any other use or Services of this Site and provide your details including but not limited to complete name, age, email address, residential address, contact number.
The Company reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time by posting the amended Terms. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the site or Services after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. In addition, when using any particular services, you may be subject to any posted guidelines, rules, product requirements or sometimes additional terms applicable to such services. All such guidelines, rules, product requirements or sometimes additional terms are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms.
YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICE SHALL MEAN THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS. BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY WEBSITE OR SERVICES YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY AS PER APPLICABLE LAW (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AGE REQUIREMENT) TO ACCEPT THE TERMS ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON YOU REPRESENT IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES.
CONTENT OWNERSHIP AND LIMITED LICENSE
means Company’s content, including but not limited to, Company trademarks and logos made available through the Site and Services, excluding Third Party Content and User Submissions.
Third Party Content
You may be able to access, review, display or use third party services, resources, content or information via the Site or the Services.
“means the text, data, graphics, images, photos, video or audiovisual content, hypertext links and any other content that the Company allows its users to uploads, posts, flips, compiles or otherwise provided to Company via the Site and Services, as applicable.
The Site, Services and the Company Content are protected by copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, Company and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Site, Services, and the Company Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You may not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Site, Services or Company Content. Company claims no ownership interest in any Third Party Content and expressly disclaims any liability concerning those materials.
Subject to your compliance with the Terms herein, the Company hereby grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Services for the personal and non-commercial use only. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. Content on the Site and/or the Services is provided to you “AS IS” for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site and/or the Services and the Content. These Terms do not authorize you to, and you may not, reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, communicate to the public, make available, create derivative works of or otherwise use or exploit any Third Party Content or User Submissions in violation of applicable copyright law. Any unauthorized use of the Contents or the Services will result in termination of the limited license granted by the Company and cancellation of your membership. Use of Site or the Services for any unauthorised purpose may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. The Company does not promote, foster or condone the copying of Content, or any other infringing activity and the owners of Third Party Content or User Submissions may have the right to seek damages against you for any such violation.
Interactions between Users
You are solely responsible for your interactions (including any disputes) with other users. You understand that Company does not in any way screen Company users. You are solely responsible for, and will exercise caution, discretion, common sense and judgment in, using the Site and Services and disclosing personal information to other Company users. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other Company users, particularly if you decide to communicate with Company user offline or meet them in person. Your use of the Site, Services, Company Content, and any other content made available through the Site or Services is at your sole risk and discretion, and Company hereby disclaims any and all liability to you or any third party relating thereto. Company reserves the right to contact Company users, in compliance with applicable law, in order to evaluate compliance with the rules and policies in this Terms You will cooperate fully with Company to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity via the Services.
By making available any User Submissions through the Site and Services, you hereby grant to Company and its users a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, make available, communicate to the public and otherwise use and exploit such User Submissions through or by means of the Site and the Services and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed throughout the world. Company does not claim any ownership rights in any such User Submissions and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use any such User Submissions. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Company shall not be liable for any Uses of your User Submissions by any third party that had access to your User Submissions during the period in which your User Submissions was available on or through the Services. You acknowledge and agree that Company reserves the right to not to publish, display the User Submissions or modify, amend or delete any User Submissions on the receipt of any complaint, that the User Submissions are infringing or in violation of any applicable laws. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all User Submissions that you make available through the Site or Services. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that: (a) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Submissions that you make available through the Site or Services or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to Company the rights in such User Submissions, as contemplated under these Terms; (b) neither the User Submissions nor your accessing, posting, submission or transmittal of the User Submissions or Company’s use of the User Submissions (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Site and the Services or any other permitted use will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation; and (c) no payments of any kind shall be due to any third party, whether a copyright owner or an agent thereof, for any use made of the User Submissions (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Site and the Services.
By using the Site or the Services, you acknowledge the sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your access to, use of or reliance upon any such Third Party Content, or User Submissions and Company disclaims any liability that you may incur arising from your access to, use of or reliance upon such Third Party Content or User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that Company: (a) is not responsible for the availability or accuracy of such Third Party Content or User Submissions; (b) has no liability to you or any third party for any harm, injuries or losses suffered as a result of your access to, reliance on or use of such Third Party Content or User Submissions; (c) does not undertake or assume any duty to monitor for inappropriate or unlawful content on third party websites or User Submissions; and (d) does not make any promises to remove Third Party Content from being accessed through the Site or the Services.
THE SERVICE REGISTRATION/ SUBSCRIPTION AND ACCESS TO USE
To register for the Services, you may be required to open an account by completing the registration process (i.e. by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form). You will also choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. In particular, as a parent or legal guardian, you acknowledge and assume sole responsibility to ensure that content which is meant for mature audiences (i.e, above the age of majority) is not accessed by children. Hence, you may not share your log in credentials with your children. You expressly agree to absolve the Company of any responsibility / liability in this regard.
Personal Subscription Service
As part of the Services, Company may provide personal subscription services to its Users including but not limited to Economic Times Premium access to behind the pay wall content. When you subscribe to ET Prime as part of Services offered by Company on Site, you gain access to opinion pieces, comment and exclusive features specially chosen for you by the Economic Times digital editors. The nature of content behind the pay wall is subject to change at the sole discretion of Company; the decision of Company and/or its editors in this regard shall be final and binding on Users.
Subscription based Service may differ from country to country and the device from which you subscribe. Subscriptions packages and price may also vary in time. The subscription prices shall be determined by the Company, in its sole discretion.
When you purchase a subscription, you must provide us with complete and accurate payment and other information required by Company. By submitting payment details you promise that you are entitled to purchase a subscription using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription based Service or your entire access to Services on Site. In suspicious circumstances we may contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities or other appropriate third parties. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms and conditions we will credit that refund to the card or other payment method you used to submit payment, unless it has expired in which case we will contact you. Company uses third party payment gateway services for receiving payment from Users for its subscription based Services.
For our subscription based Service, Company shall endeavour to process your subscription promptly but Company does not guarantee that your subscription will be activated by any specified time. By submitting your payment and other subscription details, you are making an offer to us to buy a subscription. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment details and email address, at which point we will provide you with access to your subscription. Company reserves the unfettered right to reject any offer made by its Users, at its discretion, for any or no reason.
The subscription price for our subscription based Services will be made clear to you on our sign-up pages or otherwise during the sign-up process on Site and location of such details on Site may vary from time to time, by region or by country. In order to avail our subscription based Services, You hereby agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you purchase your subscription. Subscription to premium Services on Site is generally of monthly frequency. For certain subscription based Services offered by Company, including but not limited to ‘Economic Times digital’, Company, however, may choose to offer fixed term or fixed payment frequency offers from time to time to Users. The currency in which your subscription is payable will be specified during the order process, depending on the Service and your country of residence. Eligibility for any discounts is ascertained at the time your subscription and cannot be changed during the term and subsistence of your subscription. We will always tell you in advance of any increase in the price of your subscription and offer you an opportunity to cancel it if you do not wish to pay the revised price.
Subscription and access to subscription based Services fall under the purview of applicable Tax laws of India. Taxes are applicable for consumption of content on the website and other Services of Company for Users based in India and outside the country. Unless otherwise indicated, prices stated on Site are inclusive of applicable taxes, including but not limited to Goods and Services Tax (GST) or other applicable taxes.[TIL Legal1]
User hereby agrees and acknowledges that contents on Site may become subject to technical glitch and/or errors including but not limited to price list, subscription details etc. If we incorrectly or due to a technical glitch or error state a price to you whether online or otherwise, we are not obliged to provide you with a subscription at that price, even if we have mistakenly accepted your offer to buy a subscription at that price, and we reserve the right to subsequently notify you of any pricing error. If we do this, you may cancel the subscription based Service without any obligation to us and we will refund you any money you have paid us in full, or you may pay the correct price. If you refuse to exercise either of these choices then we may cancel your access to our subscription based Services and will refund you any money you have paid us in full. Company always endeavours to act in good faith in determining whether a genuine pricing error has occurred or not.
In addition to any subscription fees you pay for our subscription based Services, you are responsible for paying any internet connection or other telecommunications charges that you may incur by accessing the Services and/or subscription based Services . For example, if you use any of our mobile services then your network operator may charge you for data or messaging services.
Term, renewal and cancellation
You can choose a subscription based Service of the term and duration offered by the Company as listed on the Site. Your subscription will renew automatically until it is cancelled in accordance with this section. For annual subscriptions, we will notify you of the pending renewal of your subscription at least 15 days prior to the date your subscription renews. For all subscriptions, you must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the renewal term.
Subscription to the our subscription based Services commences immediately on the realisation of payment of the subscription fees from the Users and there can be no cancellation once a User’s account is active for the subscription based Services.
If you chose to pay annually, at least 15 days before each renewal you will be sent a reminder notice stating the rate that will apply for the renewal period. Unless you notify us before the end of your annual subscription period that you no longer wish to receive it, your annual subscription will renew for another year. We will charge the subscription using the same card or other payment method that you previously used.
You do not have any right to cancel your subscription or any part of it until the end of your then current subscription period. Although you may notify us of your intention to cancel at any time, such notice will only take effect at the end of your then current subscription period, and you will not receive a refund (except in the limited circumstances set out in these Terms). You may notify us of your wish to cancel your subscription by contacting our team at care@etprime. You must provide at least 5 business days advance notice for this to be implemented.
The Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate your subscription if you breach these Terms, with or without notice and without further obligation to you. We may also suspend or terminate your subscription if we are prevented from providing Services to you by circumstances beyond our control. The Company may, in exceptional circumstances, cease to publish the Site, the Site content or cease to provide subscription based Services. The Company will give you at least 15 days' notice of this, if possible. If we do so, then we will have no further obligation to you except for a refund of the unexpired period of your paid subscription. This means that we will refund you with any amounts that you have paid us in advance that relate to any remaining and unexpired period of your subscription.
If you are a registered User, but have not subscribed for our subscription based Services, then the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate your registration at any time, with or without notice and without further obligation to you. If you would like to cancel your registration then please contact care@etprime.
The current schedule of Subscription Fees is available at https://prime.economictimes.indiatimes.com/plans. We may revise the Subscription Fees from time to time and/or across geographies, Users are hereby requested to periodically review the pricing structure on the aforementioned link.
- Registration through Facebook Connect: You may also register for the Services by using your Facebook username and password. If, however, you are under 18 years of age, you may log in to the Services using Facebook Connect and utilize the Services only under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. Using Facebook Connect allows us to personalize and enhance your experience while using the Services, based on your personal information, profile, likes, and other relevant information. When you use this feature, you expressly consent to information about your activity on the Services (i.e. what you have read, what you have liked, ratings given by you, etc.) being continuously released and automatically posted on your Facebook account (which has been used to log in) and made available to your friends on Facebook. You may control the information being shared through Facebook Connect by changing your account / privacy settings. By registering through Facebook, you agree to the Terms stated herein and in addition to any other specific terms which shall be posted at an appropriate location of the Site. Each registration is for a single individual user only.
- Geographic Limitation: The Site and/or the Services are controlled and offered by Company from its facilities in the territory of India. Company makes no representations that the Site or Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you are accessing or using the Site or Services from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Site or Services may contain or provide links to content hosted on website located outside of the India.
- Access to use: To access the Services, you will be asked to enter your individual user name and password, as chosen by you during your registration. Therefore, the Company does not permit any of the following:
- Any other person sharing your account and Password;
- Any part of the Site being cached in proxy servers and accessed by individuals who have not registered with the Company as users of the Site; or
- Access through a single account and Password being made available to multiple users on a network.
If the Company reasonably believes that an account and password is being used / misused in any manner, the Company shall reserve the right to cancel access rights immediately without notice, and block access to all users from that IP address. Company reserves the right to reject any user name selected by you and/or revoke your right to any previously selected user name and give such user name to any other person or entity in Company’s sole discretion and without any liability to you. Furthermore, you shall be entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify the Company immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. The Company will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, however, you could be held liable for losses incurred by the Company or another party due to someone else using your account or password. If messages sent to an email address provided by you and associated with your account are returned as undeliverable or wrong address; Company reserves the right to terminate your account immediately with or without notice to you and without any liability to you or any third party
- Availability: The availability of content through the Services may change from time to time. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Company is not responsible for the content or practices of any other website even if it links to the Site and even if the website is operated by a company affiliated or otherwise connected with the Company. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible or liable to you for any content or other materials hosted and served from any website other than the Site.
Part of the Site or the Services may contain advertising information or promotion material or other material submitted to the Company by third parties. Responsibility for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with applicable international and national law is exclusively on the party providing the information/material. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of advertisers including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. Before relying on any advertising material, you should independently verify its relevance for your purpose, and should obtain appropriate professional advice. The Company shall not be responsible nor liable for any loss or claim that you may have against an advertiser or any consequential damages arising on account of your relying on the contents of the advertisement.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You hereby agree and assure the Company that the Site and/or the Services shall be used for lawful purposes only and that you will not violate laws, regulations, ordinances or other such requirements of any applicable Central, State or local government or any other international laws. You specifically agree to comply with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 as also rules, regulations, guidelines, bye laws and notifications made thereunder, while on the Site. You further concur that you shall not:
- circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the Site or the Services.
- either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Content unless expressly permitted by the Company;
- either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Content including geo-filtering mechanisms
- use the Site or the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair and not to undertake any action which is harmful or potentially harmful to any the Company´s server, or the network(s), computer systems / resource connected to any the Company server, or interfere with any other party´s use and enjoyment of the Site or the Services;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site/Services;
- perform any activity which is likely to cause such harm;
- carry out any "denial of service" (DoS, DDoS) or any other harmful attacks on Site or internet service or;
- use the Site or the Services for illegal or unlawful purposes;
- disrupt, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with or attempt to make or attempt any unauthorized access to Site or any the Company website or the website of any the Company´s customer;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or the Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, other accounts and computer systems through hacking, password mining or any other means. You shall not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site or the Services;
- incorporate the Site or Services into or retransmit via, any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or in-line links unless expressly permitted by the Company in writing;
- create, recreate, distribute or advertise an index of any significant portion of the Site or Services unless authorized by the Company;
- use or launch any "robots", "spiders", "offline readers" etc. or any other automated system, that accesses the Site or the Services in a manner that sends numerous automated requests to the Site´s servers in a given period of time, which a human cannot reasonably send in the same period by using conventional web browsing application or tool(s) for similar purposes;
- Send or post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation like solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
In addition, you are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based ,on the Content in any way, including montages, mash-ups and similar videos, wallpaper, desktop themes, greeting cards, and merchandise, unless it is expressly permitted by the Company in writing. This prohibition applies even if you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge.
The Site may permit you to post user submissions including but not limited to reviews of Content available through the Services, comments on such Content etc. You understand that these User Submissions, once posted by you, are visible to all members since it is a public forum.
More specifically, when you review / rate any Content available on the Services (as per functionality made available on the Site), you give the Company express rights and consent to display your rating / review in relation to the relevant Content on the Site, including making it available to other members for viewing. If you do not want your User Submissions / reviews / ratings to be shared in a public forum, do not use these features.
These features may change without notice to you and the degrees of associated information sharing and functionality may also change without notice.
The Company is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us ("User Feedback"), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the Services / the Site and User Submissions, without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the Services. By posting / submitting any User Feedback / User Submission on the Site, you grant the Company a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free irrevocable, sub-licensable license and right in such User Feedback / User Submission to the Company, including the right to display, use, reproduce or modify the User Feedback / User Submission in any media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future.
Operators of public search engines have the permission to use functionalities like spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases, in our sole discretion. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Site for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Site with respect to its User Submissions.
You shall be financially responsible for your use of the Services (as well as for use of your account by others, including without limitation minors living with you). You undertake to supervise and be responsible for all usage of minors and access of the Site under your name or account and absolve the Company from any liability on this account. You also warrant that all information supplied by you or members of your family for using the Services and accessing the Site, including without limitation your name, email address, street address, telephone number, mobile number, credit card number is correct and accurate. Failure to provide accurate information may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access the Site or otherwise use the Services, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long distance or local telephone service. You shall be responsible for ensuring that such equipment or ancillary services are compatible with the Services.
You agree that the Company may directly or through third party service providers send information to you about the various services offered by the Company from time to time.
You agree not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information or User Submissions which
- belongs to another person and to which the User does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another´s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
- contain misleading information regarding the origin of the Content; or
- otherwise contains objectionable content.
You understand and agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, review the User Submissions and may delete or remove it (without notice) in its sole and absolute discretion, for any reason or without assigning any reason.
TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT, SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUATION OF THE SERVICE
The Company reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue temporarily or permanently, some or all of the Services (including the Content and the devices through which the Services are accessed), with respect to any or all users, at any time without notice. You acknowledge that the Company may do so in its sole discretion. You also agree that the Company will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services, although if you are a paid subscriber and the Company suspends or discontinues the Services, the Company may, in its sole discretion, provide you with a credit, refund, discount or other form of consideration (for example, the Company may credit additional days of service to your account). However, if the Company terminates your account or suspends or discontinues your access to the Services due to your violation of these Terms, then you will not be eligible for any such credit, refund, discount or other consideration.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
You understand and agree that the Company provides the Services on ´as-is´ ´with all faults´ and ´as available´ basis. You agree that use of the Site or the Services is at your risk. All warranties including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, for the title and non-infringement are disclaimed and excluded.
No representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever are made by the Company as to the (a) accuracy, adequacy, reliability, completeness, suitability or applicability of the information to a particular situation; (b) that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (c) the quality of any services, content, information, or other material on the Site will meet your expectations or requirements; (d) any errors in the Site will be corrected; (e) warranties against infringement of any third party intellectual property or proprietary rights; or (f) other warranties relating to performance, non-performance, or other acts or omissions of the Company, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, or suppliers.
The Company does not warrant that any of the software used and or licensed in connection with the Services will be compatible with other third party software or devices nor does it warrant that operation of the Services and the associated software will not damage or disrupt other software or hardware.
The Company, its affiliates, successors, and assigns, and each of their respective investors, directors, officers, employees, agents, and suppliers (including distributors and content licensors) shall not be liable, at any time for any, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of Site or the Services, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or other theory, even if the Company have been advised of the possibility of damages.
In the event any exclusion contained herein be held to be invalid for any reason and the Company or any of its affiliate entities, officers, directors or employees become liable for loss or damage, then, any such liability of the Company or any of its affiliate entities, officers, directors or employees shall be limited to not exceeding subscription charges paid by you in the month preceding the date of your claim for the particular subscription in question chosen by you.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the Company, its affiliates, successors, and assigns, and each of their respective investors, directors, officers, employees, agents, and suppliers (including distributors and content licensors) from and against any losses, claims, damages, liabilities, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of:
- any claim due to or arising out of your violation of these Terms, including but not limited to a claim arising out of a breach of your representations or warranties made hereunder;
- your use or misuse of or access to the Site or the Services;
- your violation of any law, regulation or third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or
- any claim that you have caused damage to a third party.
The Company reserves the right, at its own expense, to employ separate counsel and assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you agree to cooperate with the Company´s defence of these claims.
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL MACHENISM
Redressal Mechanism: Any complaints or concerns with regards to content and or comment or breach of these terms shall be taken up with the designated Grievance Officer as mentioned below via in writing or through email signed with the electronic signature to [__]@timesinternet.in or Mr. [__] (“Grievance Officer”)
Times Internet Limited
Plot No. 391, Udyog Vihar, Phase-III, Gurgaon-122016, Haryana, India
Notice of Copyright Infringement: Our policy is to comply with all Intellectual Property Laws and to act expeditiously upon receiving any notice of claimed infringement. If you believe that any work has been reproduced on the Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice of copyright infringement containing all of the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner for the purposes of the complaint.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material on our Site that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
- The address, telephone number or e-mail address of the complaining party.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice of copyright infringement is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed.
None of the provisions of the Terms shall be deemed to constitute a partnership or agency between you and the Company and you shall have no authority to bind the Company in any manner, whatsoever. This agreement is solely for your and the Company’s benefit and not for the benefit of any other person, except for permitted successors and assigns under this Agreement.
You may not transfer to anyone else, either temporarily or permanently, any rights to use the Services or any part of the Services. Any attempt by you to do so is void. The Company may assign, transfer, delegate and/or grant all or any part of its rights, privileges and properties hereunder to any person or entity.
Neither Party shall have any liability for any interruption or delay, to access the Site due to Force Majeure Event. For the purposes of this clause, ´Force Majeure Event´ means any event or circumstance or combination of events and circumstances which is reasonably beyond the control of the party affected thereby and which causes or results in default or delay in performance by such affected party of any of its obligations under this agreement and includes an act of God, war, hostilities, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes.
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of India without giving effect to principles of conflict of law. In the event of any dispute or claim by you against the Company, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at New Delhi.
Limited Time To Bring Your Claim
You and the Company agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Site or the Services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues otherwise, such cause of action will be permanently barred.
Rights and obligations under the Terms which by their nature should survive will remain in full effect after termination or expiration of the subscription.
Any express waiver or failure to exercise promptly any right under this agreement will not create a continuing waiver or any expectation of non-enforcement.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
The User hereby consents that TIl reserves the right to collect information for the limited purpose of quality testing and feedback and may call/communicate with the user in relation to the same.
- ET Ad-Free subscription offering is governed by the following terms. You may access these here
Redeem Gift Cards T&Cs
- The ETPrime Gift Card is brought to you by Times Internet Limited (TIL). It can only be used once. It can only be used once. This card is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- This card enables you to access membership of ET Prime for a period of 1-Year from the date of redemption.
- The code mentioned within the scratch card must be redeemed on or before 31st December 2020 failing which the voucher code will be deemed ‘expired’. In the event of expiry of the card, ETPrime will not be liable for providing any refund or membership extension against the expired gift card.
- The voucher code can only be applied once per user. Once redeemed successfully, the code will become totally non-redeemable.
- Any amount paid towards the purchase of ET Prime gift voucher - whether online or offline, paid directly to ET Prime or via any of our distribution partners, in all cases is non-refundable.
- The gift cards can be distributed, purchased and redeemed only within India.
- TIL, Economic Times, ET Prime or our affiliates are not responsible if the gift card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
- Process To Redeem your ET Prime Gift Voucher
- Step 1: Visit etprime.com
- Step 2: Login to your existing account or create a new account by clicking on ‘Sign in/Sign up’
- Step 3: Once you are signed-in, go inside your profile on the homepage and click on ‘Redeem Voucher’
- Step 4: Check the back side of your gift card & scratch to view your voucher code. Enter your voucher code as mentioned and click apply.
- Step 5: You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any queries w.r.t to the redemption process.
- All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Delhi
Times Prime Offer Terms & Conditions
- The offer is applicable for all users within India.
- Purchasing/ renewing of Annual membership plan or 2-year plan wherever available.
- Post the free trial of 15 days, the Time Prime coupon code will be sent to registered email address within 10 working days from completion of the trial period.
- For existing users (renewing users) or users who have exhausted their trial period in the past, will receive the Time Prime coupon code to their registered email address within 10 working days from the payment completion.
- Users are required to redeem their Times Prime coupon code on or before 31-07-2020.
- ET Prime solely reserves the right to resolve this issue as per the company policy. In any event. whatsoever, ET Prime's liability will not exceed the amount paid by the user during the transaction.
- ET Prime reserves the right to withdraw or modify this offer without any liability at its own discretion.
- Time prime subscription offers the below benefits:-
- Gourmet Passport: 1-year subscription worth Rs. 1499
- Swiggy Super: 3 months subscription worth Rs.129
- Gaana+: 1-year subscription worth Rs. 399
- Oyo Wizard: 6 months subscription worth Rs. 499
- Uber: Offers worth Rs. 7800
- Myntra: Offers worth Rs. 4500
- The Man Company: Flat 30% off on all products
- Chai Point: 1+1 on Chais at outlets/ kiosks
- eat.fit: Offers worth Rs. 1200
- Mentioned offers are indicative of Times prime subscription plan and may changes over the time.
- Times Prime is solely responsible for the any changes related to the offer details.
- Times Prime terms and conditions shall apply at all times.
- In case of any concerns, the user may reach out to us at email@example.com